Monday 24 October 2011

Start 'em early!

Wow - I am just loving this: Tips on teaching your kids to sew from GeekMom.

I can't even wait till my 2 year old daughter is old enough to start! My only question is toy machine versus real machine. The obvious pros and cons are the frustrations of a toy machine that can only do chain stitch versus the safety concerns of a real machine. I was left to my own devices to explore sewing with a toy machine until I was old enough to use the real thing, my Mum's ancient Husqvarna. I don't remember ever feeling frustrated by the toy machine and even recall the proud moment I wore a dress I'd made on the thing down to the local shops. It didn't matter to me that it wasn't going to hold together forever - I was just so pleased with myself! I wonder what other people's experiences of learning to sew have been?

No comments:

Post a Comment