Monday 11 March 2013

New Pattern!

Woohoo!  I did it - the new pattern is out and up on Etsy as we speak.  My daughter's started at preschool and loving it so I have those days to get stuck into some shop work.  I have some ideas for patterns running around in my head and here's the first one:

It's a coffee carrier for four takeaway coffee cup and it's called the Espresso Express.  It will also fit those big smoothie/juice cups or water bottles.  I just got fed up with those cardboard trays and wanted something I could take coffees down to the playground in, or wherever really, without it being a balancing act.  I gave one to my MIL as a gift and she and her husband take coffees down to the beach in winter with a blanket and a book.  I wish I'd thought of this idea when I was working in an office and doing the coffee run for colleagues.

The one you see in the pic above is made from chalkboard cloth that I bought from Me Too Please, which is an Australian company, online.  This stuff is brilliant because you can write your coffee orders on in chalk.  I have to get to work making these for gifts now.  Lots of them!

This week I will be getting onto my next pattern which has been inspired by a request from Christine of Poppie's Pretties.  She's after a little girl's handbag to sell on her Facebook shop so I will be scaling down the Pony bag.  I'm thinking of adding a big bow to the front just coz I know that's what my chickie would love.  I wonder what other little girls out there would like?

No comments:

Post a Comment